Valentine's Day Recap and a Freebie!

I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day that wasn't too crazy with that Full (Fool, as I call it) Moon! We had a minimum day, which I was very thankful for!

Here are some pictures of our day! We spent the morning creating bar graphs and pictographs, and later we had fun with my Valentine Centers and Valentine Centers from Amanda from One Extra Degree. You can find her adorable centers Here.
The highlight of our day was when my former student I taught 10 years ago showed up for a surprise visit with treats for the class. He is a PFC in the Army now. A few months ago our class sent him a few care packages. He is home on leave until Monday, and wanted to surprise my class. It was a perfect example of when you do good in the world, good comes back to you. We weren't expecting treats or a party because we had our class celebration on Thursday. We were only going to exchange Valentine cards and maybe a have a little candy, and we were surprised with a complete party! Raymond told me that I was the first teacher who ever told him he was smart. That made me realize what a huge impact we have on the kids whose lives we so briefly touch. What we say to them matters and can stay with them their entire lives. He brought me this beautiful cupcake. I wish I had taken some pictures of him, but in the excitement, I completely forgot! 
And since I received these adorable and generous gifts, I decided to make some simple Valentine thank you notes and put them on TpT. I especially love the owl!
You can find the freebie thank you notes here. I hope you can use them! 
Enjoy your weekend! I feel fortunate to have a three day weekend! 


No comments

Back to Top