Monday Made It and Back to School Night!

Last Thursday evening was Back to School Night at my new school. At my old school, we had more of an open house. Parents would come in and chat, then their children would take them around the room to see their artwork and the different areas in the room that were set up with procedures and explanations. Since I knew this year I would be having to give a presentation, I created a PowerPoint presentation that I am sharing with you now. It's nothing fancy with fading in and out, but it was cute, and to me, that's all that matters, ha ha! I'm Linking up with the amazing Tara for the last Monday Made It of the summer. :(
Here is the cover page for my PowerPoint presentation. Our school's mascot is a knight, so when I found this adorable clip art from Graphics from the Pond, I knew I had to have it! So adorable! I am including a freebie PowerPoint for you to edit and add your own info, too, if you would like it. (The freebie does not have the knight clip art by the way!) If you need any help with it, leave a question on TpT or email me at theinspiredowl@gmail.com and I would be happy to help you with it. I think the parents really enjoyed it, and it helped keep me on track with what I needed to cover. I even gave them the notes from the PowerPoint so they could jot questions as I presented. I was nervous since to them I am new, and they really don't know me very well. 
My second creation was also for Back to School Night. The night before, I was thinking about how I really wanted to pass out magnetic business or calling cards. I didn't have any magnets, but I went ahead and made and laminated these. Someone on TpT said she is going to print them on magnetic paper- brilliant! You can click on the pic and download this freebie. Type what you would like- I have included ideas of what I added. Save as a PDF and print! 


And keeping with the Greatest School Year Ever theme, a friend asked me to create a poster for her. I couldn't decide which I liked the best, so I made a few different versions. Click on the picture if you would like to download. 

Well I hope there was something I shared that you can use or at least get an idea from! Because really, that's it's all about. (At least to me!) I love this teacher community so much! It has really helped me the last couple of years as teaching has shifted in my district. I hope you have an amazing year!

No comments

Back to Top